Blind SQL injection vulnerability in Jms Blog (jmsblog) PrestaShop module
The module Jms Blog (jmsblog) from Joommasters contains a Blind SQL injection vulnerability. This module is for the PrestaShop e-commerce platform and mainly provided with joo masters PrestaShop themes
- CVE ID: CVE-2023-27034
- Published at: 2023-03-13
- Advisory source: Friends-Of-Presta
- Platform: PrestaShop
- Product: jmsblog
- Impacted release: at least 2.5.5 and 2.5.6
- Product author: Joommasters
- Weakness: CWE-89
- Severity: critical (9.8)
Several front controller in /controllers/front/ hold sensitives SQL calls that can be executed with a trivial http call and exploited to forge a blind SQL injection.
WARNING : This exploit is actively used to deploy webskimmer to massively stole credit cards.
This exploit uses a PrestaShop front controller and most attackers can conceal the module controller’s path during the exploit so you will never know within your conventional frontend logs that it exploits this vulnerability. You will only see “POST /” inside your conventional frontend logs. Activating AuditEngine of mod_security (or similar) is the only way to get data to confirm this exploit.
CVSS base metrics
- Attack vector: network
- Attack complexity: low
- Privilege required: none
- User interaction: none
- Scope: unchanged
- Confidentiality: high
- Integrity: high
- Availability: high
Vector string: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
Possible malicious usage
- Technical and personal data leaks
- Obtain admin access
- Remove all data of the linked PrestaShop
- Display sensitives tables to front-office to unlock potential admin’s ajax scripts of modules protected by token on the ecosystem
--- a/controllers/front/archive.php +++ b/controllers/front/archive.php @@ -55,1 +55,1 @@ function getPosts - ' AND DATE_FORMAT(hss.created,"%Y-%m") LIKE "%'.$_month.'%" + ' AND DATE_FORMAT(hss.created,"%Y-%m") LIKE "%'.pSQL($_month).'%"
--- a/controllers/front/post.php +++ b/controllers/front/post.php @@ -85,1 +85,1 @@ function getPosts - WHERE pc.`email` = \''.$email.'\' + WHERE pc.`email` = \''.pSQL($email).'\'
--- a/controllers/front/tag.php +++ b/controllers/front/tag.php @@ -53,1 +53,1 @@ function getPosts - ' AND hssl.`tags` LIKE "%'.$tag.'%" + ' AND hssl.`tags` LIKE "%'.pSQL($tag).'%"
|2022-09-01||Issue discovered during a pentest|
|2023-02-17||Contact the author|
|2023-03-13||Publish this security advisory|
|2023-03-16||CVE ID affected|
- Upgrade PrestaShop to the latest version to disable multiquery executions (separated by “;”)
- Change the default database prefix
ps_by a new longer arbitrary prefix. Nethertheless, be warned that this is useless against blackhat with DBA senior skill because of a design vulnerability in DBMS
- Activate OWASP 942’s rules on your WAF (Web application firewall), be warned that you will probably break your backoffice and you will need to pre-configure some bypasses against these set of rules.